Chicken Grape Skewers & White Grape BBQ Sauce
Prep Time: 90 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 4 portions
Chicken & Grape Skewers
- 1 Lb boneless skinless Chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 12 – 16 large Red Grapes
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Marjoram
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- freshly ground Black Peppercorns to taste
- Maldon Sea Salt (large crystal Sea Salt) for finishing
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges to garnish
Place cubed chicken in a clean bowl.
Pick grapes from stems, wash and place in a separate clean bowl.
Mix together herbs, olive oil, salt & pepper in a third bowl and let sit for a couple minutes. Divide herb marinade between respective chicken and grape bowls, mix gently until evenly dressed, cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Assemble 12” metal skewers by alternating chicken and grapes, then grill on medium heat for about 15-20 min until juices run clear and internal chicken temperature reaches 165°F. The grapes should remain intact and be just on the verge of bursting.
Once all the skewers are cooked, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt. Serve with lemon wedges and White Grape BBQ Sauce (below)
White Grape BBQ Sauce
- ½ C Green Grapes
- 1 Tsp diced Jalapeño Pepper
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 C Mayonnaise
- Kosher Salt to taste
- freshly ground White Peppercorns to taste
In a high speed blender or food processor, place the green grapes, jalapeño, lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Puree all the ingredients in the blender until completely smooth then add mayonnaise and blend again until it reaches a thin creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Any leftover White Grape BBQ Sauce can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.