Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yield: 20 cookies
- ó C chopped Unsweetened Chocolate
- ó C chopped Roasted Peanuts (shells and skins removed)
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ó Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- ó C Smooth Peanut Butter (not natural peanut butter)
- 1 C packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, for sprinkling
- Confectioners’ Sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Chop unsweetened chocolate to roughly the size of garlic cloves and add to clean dry stainless steel
bowl. Add chopped peanuts, flour, baking powder and salt to same bowl then set aside.
With an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time
making sure to completely incorporate each egg before adding the next. Using a rubber spatula, add
peanut butter and combine till smooth followed by the dry mixture with chopped nuts and chopped
chocolate; mix until just combined.
Form the dough into golf ball sized balls and place on a parchment‐lined tray, leaving about 2 inches
between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes until cookies are set but still have soft centers, 10 to 12
minutes. Cool on the baking sheet until they are slightly above room temperature, about 10 minutes.
Using an offset spatula, transfer cookies from tray to a wire rack and cool completely.
Sprinkle half of the cookies with cocoa powder and the other half with icing sugar using a fine‐mesh