- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard Seed
- 4 C frozen Cranberries (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 C White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Water
- 2 Tbsp finely minced fresh Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seed
- 1/4 Tsp freshly ground Black Peppercorn
- 1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 6 wide strips fresh orange peel (from about 1/2 medium orange)
- 1/3 C fresh Orange Juice (juice from 1 medium orange)
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Place mustard seeds in a small heat safe bowl and pour enough boiling water over to cover. Set aside. Let mustard seeds “bloom” for a few minutes while the rest of the sauce comes to a boil.
In a medium pot, combine remaining ingredients. Stirring occasionally, bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Strain soaked mustard seeds (discarding water) and add the seeds to the pot. Let sauce simmer until cranberries pop and mixture reduces slightly, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let sauce cool to room temperature. Remove orange peel strips and cinnamon stick before serving.
- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- 2 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp room temperature Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 C room temperature water, plus additional if needed
Combine all dry ingredients in a clean bowl. Add butter and rub into the flour mixture between your palms until evenly distributed. Add water and knead for 4 minutes, form a ball and cover with a tea towel for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place rested dough in a 12” cast iron skillet and press down gently until it fills the skillet end to end; it should be a disk shape. With a sharp knife, slice 3 slits across the top of the dough. Bake in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until dough is fully cooked.
Allow Bake to cool for 5 minutes in pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature before eating.