Overloaded Chicken Wings
Cheesy Roast Wings and Potatoes
- 2 Lbs Chicken Wings, split (drumettes and flats only; save wings for stock or another use)
- 1/2 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp ground Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Tsp freshly ground Black Peppercorns
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 C roughly diced, skin-on, Yukon Gold Potato (about 1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 C grated Smoked Cheddar
- 1/2 C grated Medium Cheddar
- Additional Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Peppercorns to taste
- Campari Salsa (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 1 Jalapeño, finely sliced into rings
- Lime Wedges, optional
Preheat oven to 450°F. Set rack to middle of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pat wings very dry with paper towel – this will help wings crisp up, rather than steam in oven. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss wings with paprika, ground coriander, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp of olive oil to evenly coat all wing pieces. Arrange wings in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1/4 tray open to add potatoes.
Using the same (now empty) mixing bowl, toss cubed potato with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange potato cubes in a single layer on remaining area of baking sheet. Roast in oven for 40 minutes, flipping wings and turning potatoes at the halfway mark. Both wings and potatoes will be golden and cooked through.
Remove tray from oven and using tongs, carefully arrange wings and potatoes so they are evenly mixed up on tray. (If desired, for presentation purposes, you can line a round metal pizza tray with parchment and mound cooked wings and potatoes in a golden pile at this point. Your choice!) Generously cover the wings and potatoes with the grated cheese and return to oven. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 4-5 minutes.
To serve, top the hot cheesy wings and potatoes with dollops of Campari salsa and sprinkle chopped parsley over top. For the heat lovers, top one half of the tray with jalapeño slices. Serve with additional lime wedges. Roll up your sleeves and enjoy while hot!
- 1 C diced Campari Tomatoes
- 1/4 C finely diced White Onion
- 1 Tsp minced fresh Garlic
- 2 Tsp fresh Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Peppercorns to taste
Gently combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to allow flavours to get to know each other.